Friday, June 5, 2015

Lee Seongho /[final draft] why I am qualified for a seafood restaurant manager. / Thursday56

Food is an essential part to the human: Every one eats food every day. So a food industry is so promising and popular that there are so many kinds of restaurants. In my case, since young, I have liked seafood , had much interest in seafood and visited many seafood restaurants. However, some restaurants served unfresh seafood and undelicious dishes with a poor service. Therefore, I want to become a seafood restaurant manager. And I am very sure that I am quite eligible for the job because I have integrity that does not allow me to serve unfresh food to customers, creativity that makes seafood dishes not only delicious but also unique and exotic; lastly, a servant leadership that educates my workers well in order that they can provide a better service.

 

First, I am so honest about food . It is really important in seafood restaurant. It is not merely about sanitation. Of course seafood restaurants have to keep all the materials and utensils clean and in fact there are not many seafood restaurants which have sanitary problems. However, essentially, those restaurant owners also seek profit as other businessmen do. So they sometimes write false origin or name of the seafood or serve a raw seafood dish which is not fresh enough to serve raw . It is also the well known fact that many seafood restaurants wrote the red sea bream which is very delicious and expensive on the menu but served the silver gudgeon which is very cheap and from china . But I have the strong belief that we should not trifle and juggle with food. And I am also convinced that even if I stick to fresh materials and get a deficit, my customer will know my effort and integrity; it will eventually lead to my profit.  So I am very sure that I have integrity and I m quite eligible for this job.

 

Second, among the qualifications I have, another factor as important as integrity is creativity which makes customers delight by many special and different dishes. People will soon become sick and tired of it if restaurants adhere to steaming the lobster. However, even these days, there are not many restaurants trying new menus using seafood but they just follow and copy original recipes. They always steam or grill lobsters, crabs and shrimps and make only soup using a variety of shellfish. It is too dull and stale. Seafood is much more various and diverse than meat and vegetables. It can be cooked in many different ways. For example, some restaurant put a small lobster in a pasta dish, some made a cheese - baked shellfish and some baked green bread made of seaweeds. So amazing ! I have so many creative ideas about mixing seafood with Italian, French, Korean, and American food and sauce; moreover I have already cooked many fusion foods by oysters, shrimps and octopuses. Therefore, this creativity makes me qualified for a significant and exotic seafood restaurant manager.  

 

Lastly, I m confident I have a servant leadership that will make my workers willing to provide their full and genuine service. How to lead the workers is very crucial because all workers in each restaurant are educated to greet and treat the guests with a smile face and a respectful pose but all workers do not meet the manager's expectation. Instead, they look more awkward and artificial. They try to smile but the smile is not wholehearted. The reason is the leadership. A person is an emotional animal as well as intellectual animal. They are smart enough to understand what the managers say but if the managers only force good service without showing a good example for it, the workers' hearts will not follow them. Then, what do I have to do? I have a good idea, which is a servant leadership. It is a theory that leaders first serve and respect their subordinates. It can sound weird but it really works. When I worked in a luxurious hotel in Seoul, one manager educated me so nicely and showed treating the guests well first and I started working my best! Therefore, my experience and leadership will let me be able to lead my workers very well and be qualified for this occupation.    

 

In my conclusion, I strongly believe that I have 3 qualifications for a seafood restaurant manager. First, integrity will keep me constantly honest and scrupulous about the quality and the indication of the origin and name, second creativity will let the customer enjoy exotic delicacies and feel satisfied with them, and lastly, a servant leadership will lead my subordinates to a genuine and wholehearted service mind. Through these qualifications, I expect that I will  become a highly qualified seafood restaurant manager and there will be a lot of famous restaurants I run in the world.

 

2 comments:

  1. [the last Final draft] Lee Seongho, 201304123,Intermediate English Writing Thursday 56
    Why I Am Qualified For A Seafood Restaurant Manager
    Food is an essential part to the human: Every one eats food every day. So a food industry is so promising and popular that there are so many kinds of restaurants in the world. In my case, since young, I have liked seafood, had much interest in seafood and visited many seafood places. However, some of them served unfresh seafood and undelicious dishes with a poor service. Therefore, I want to run a better seafood restaurant. And I am very sure that I am quite eligible for the job because I have integrity that does not allow me to serve unfresh food to customers, creativity that makes seafood dishes not only delicious but also unique and exotic; lastly, a servant leadership that educates my workers well in order that they can provide a better service.

    First, I am so honest about food. It is really important in the seafood business. It is not merely about sanitation. Of course seafood establishments have to keep all the materials and utensils clean and in fact not many of them have sanitary problems. However, essentially, those restaurant owners also seek profit as other businessmen do. So they sometimes write false origin or name of the seafood or serve a raw seafood dish which is not fresh enough to serve raw. It is also the well known fact that some of them wrote the red sea bream which is very delicious and expensive on the menu but served the silver gudgeon which is very cheap and from china. But I have the strong belief that we should not trifle and juggle with food. And I am also convinced that even if I stick to fresh materials and get a deficit, my customer will know my effort and integrity; it will eventually lead to my profit. So I am very sure that I have integrity and I m quite eligible for this job.

    Second, among the qualifications I have, another factor as important as integrity is creativity which makes customers delight by many special and different dishes. People will soon become sick and tired of it if dining places adhere to steaming the lobster. However, even these days, there are not many restaurants trying new menus using seafood but they just follow and copy original recipes. They always steam or grill lobsters, crabs and shrimps and make only soup using a variety of shellfish. It is too dull and stale. Seafood is much more various and diverse than meat and vegetables. It can be cooked in many different ways. For example, some establishments put a small lobster in a pasta dish, some made a cheese - baked shellfish and some baked green bread made of seaweeds. It is so amazing! I also have so many creative ideas about mixing seafood with Italian, French, Korean, and American food and sauce; moreover I have already cooked many fusion foods by oysters, shrimps and octopuses. Therefore, this creativity makes me qualified for a significant and exotic seafood business executive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lastly, I m confident I have a servant leadership that will make my workers willing to provide their full and genuine service. How to lead the workers is very crucial because all workers in each place are educated to greet and treat the guests with a smile face and a respectful pose but all workers do not meet the manager’s expectation. Instead, they look more awkward and artificial. They try to smile but the smile is not wholehearted. The reason is the leadership. A person is an emotional animal as well as intellectual animal. They are smart enough to understand what they are learning but if instructors only force good service without showing a good example for it, the servers’ hearts will not follow them. Then, what do I have to do? I have a good idea, which is a servant leadership. It is a theory that leaders first serve and respect their subordinates. It can sound weird but it really works. When I worked in a luxurious hotel in Seoul, one senior attendant educated me so nicely and showed treating the guests well first and I started working my best! Therefore, my experience and leadership will let me be able to lead my workers very well and be qualified for this occupation.

    In my conclusion, I strongly believe that I have 3 qualifications for running the seafood business. First, integrity will keep me constantly honest and scrupulous about the quality and the indication of the origin and name, second creativity will let the customer enjoy exotic delicacies and feel satisfied with them, and lastly, a servant leadership will lead my subordinates to a genuine and wholehearted service mind. Through these qualifications, I expect that I will become a highly competent seafood establishment operator and there will be a lot of famous places I run in the world.

    ReplyDelete