Wednesday, May 20, 2015

201200741 Jung Eun / The best mentor / Thurs 56

The most memorable mentor

        

         As for me, who is currently sent out on a part-time student teaching placement, (namely a 'practicum') in a middle school, the title of the essay seems to mean more meaningful than any other time. Although 'student teaching' lasts only four weeks, I have been obtaining a hands-on experience as a prospective teacher on what it's like to spend my lives as a teacher with students and fellow instructors at school. Not only have I been giving lectures but I also have been exercising control over students and have acquainted myself with them to strike up a rapport. While it has been two weeks since working as an intern for teaching, I became more certain in regards to whether or not I am qualified for becoming an English teacher as my future occupation. First, my extensive experience in self-education for English is serving as a great advantage as a lecturer. Additionally, my passionate love for taking care of students has been of a great assistance in fostering student's better discipline.

 

   To begin with, my considerable experience in self-education for English has become an invaluable asset in teaching students effectively. As I have never studied abroad in English-speaking countries, I accumulated a great deal of knowledge with respect to 'how to study English by ourselves' without counting on overseas education. While going through numerous trial and error myself, I developed unique strategies in what materials to use and during which stage should we apply such materials to hone student's English skills. Moreover, being aware of the kind of things which students find confounding in times of learning English has posed a positive influence on my ongoing lectures as a whole.

 

   Second, my unconditional love for looking after students has been of a great help in fostering student's better discipline. Throughout my whole academic year, I had met the single most memorable teacher in my life during the fourth year in elementary school. Though I had not been a student who stood out either for academic performance or from other physical aspects, he always paid close attention to every students and taught us with love and humor. As a student, his remark, gaze and his attention toward me inspired me every bit of my soul. As I fully appreciate how powerful the teacher's attitude toward respective students can be more than anyone else, I am confident in giving every attention to all students with care and loving heart that would in turn foster greater discipline of them.

 

  To sum up, I have two important causes for answering why I am qualified for becoming an English teacher. First, my extensive experience in self-education for English and second, my passionate love for taking care of students for their better discipline. By realizing how these capabilities are latent inside me I'm certain that I am fully qualified for becoming an English teacher as my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment