Wednesday, March 11, 2015

201101883 Hyojeong Shim/ Write something about yourself that no one else knows/120315/ Thursday1-3pm

The Law of Attraction

 

I'm a very enthusiastic person especially about whatever I desperately want. Interestingly, this enthusiasm helped me achieve a lot of things I have longed for. I believe that whatever it is you are crazy about and put all your energy into, you inevitably get it. There is actually a scientific term for it, and it's called the "Law of Attraction." It basically says that like attracts like, and positive energy brings about positive result, and negative brings about negative.

 

To share one of my stories, since I was a little girl I've always admired world travelers. Luckily my parents loved visiting other countries and I would follow them and look around some of the beautiful and well-known countries. But they mostly focused on appreciating sceneries and taking pictures of them, and that wasn't enough for me. I wanted to go on further and get to fully experience and understand the culture by having an intimate conversation with the locals or walking throughout every part of the city maybe even the dark side. Whenever I went to the library, the first books that caught my attention were always about other countries. I would put this huge world map on the wall and looked closely at it every once in a while. And several years later, here I am today, having already fulfilled my dream as a "part-time world traveler" and setting out more travel plans for the future.

 

I think the strong passion inside me was what fundamentally helped my dream come true. If you are really passionate toward something, you cannot but dedicate a large amount of your time and effort into that, like doing research and asking for help.You can choose to spend your time and effort complaining about your life, but that wouldn't get you anywhere. Put it into something meaningful related to your dream. It doesn't have to be a huge dream; it can be as simple as wanting to become a part time traveler. Of course whatever it is that you are looking for wouldn't come in the exact form you are expecting. But once you are ready to give everything, you'll start going by that path as long as that's what you are so determined on. I want to wrap up with my favorite quotation from Paulo Coelho: "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." 

 


So my story was a bit serious, but I hope some of you can relate to it in some way. Thank you and good luck! J

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am Jun Ki Lee from your class and you should let other people know more about your story than keeping it sectret! Well, at least i think it enlightened me!

    ReplyDelete