Thursday, March 12, 2015

201302308 Dooseok Lee / Write something about yourself that no one else knows / Thursday 1-3pm

201302308 Dooseok Lee / Write something about yourself that no one else knows / Thursday 1-3pm



Close friends of mine might know that I have interest in Jordan or Nike shoes, but none of them knows how I got interested in them. Now I want to talk about how I really got fancy for them.


More than two years ago, I was so bored because I was done with my college admission test. At that time, I had to do anything to spend time and one of that thing was to find new music and listen to them. Once I got bored of Korean music, I looked up on billboard.com to listen to pop music. There I found a hiphop group named Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. I loved their title song named the Thrift Shop, so I downloaded the whole album. 


In the album, there was a song named Wings. The song was about how Macklemore got interested in Jordan shoes and episodes related to them. When he was young, he thought that if he put on Jordan Shoes, he could jump higher like Michael Jordan while playing basketball, and become popular. After listening to the song, frankly I thought 'Why in the world can he be so fancy for just a pair of shoes?'. And then I looked up for the images of them, and then I could understand why. Jordan shoes were the most beautiful shoes I have ever seen in life. 


Since then, I have been constantly buying Jordan shoes. Even though they are quite expensive and hard to get since most of them are limited editions, I had to part-time jobs and save money. But all of those hard work were worth it. 


Recently I became a bit less interested in Jordan shoes. I think the reason is because the time is coming for me to enter the military service, and they will be no use to me in the army. Maybe it's time to listen to 'Wings' again, to make sure I won't get rid of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment